Are you looking to build strength and balance while toning your arms, core, and butt? We’ve got a serious challenge for you in this fun and dynamic workout move. Follow our step-by-step tutorial on how to do a donkey kick handstand.
- Begin with your feet hip distance apart, knees slightly bent. Bend at your knees and waist to lower into a squat postion until your hands touch the ground. Your knees should be just behind your elbows.
- Plant your hands firmly on the ground, shoulder width apart, and lean forward. Choose a point of focus to balance yourself.
- Shift your body weight into your hands; using the balls of your feet and with momentum, kick your heels up toward the ceiling, keeping your knees bent. Make sure to keep your neck neutral, and your core tight (pull your rib cage in to maintain control).
- Balance with your hips directly over your shoulders, keeping your knees bent, spine neutral, and core tight.
- Bring your feet back to the floor, then shift the weight back into your hands and arms when you’re ready to repeat this motion.
- Do 10 reps for two to three sets.
Related: 8 Moves to Help You Build Into Handstand
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography
POPSUGAR, the #1 independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.
Source: This Move Will Have You on Your Way to Mastering a Handstand : PopSugar